Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bugs, bugs, bugs

The health situation at home has gone from bad to worse, but thankfully my mood has improved… the last post was a little depressing, I admit! The Boy obviously caught my cold, so we spent several fun nights awake with him coughing, and then he segued directly into a lovely stomach flu, which has been no fun for any of us though I will spare you the details! We had our first watercolor experience which was a lot of fun, The Boy was really happy to see his biggest passions combined, color, water, making pretty pictures but most importantly making a right mess!! Today we tried playdoh but apparently it’s too soon for him, it wasn’t as exciting, though tomorrow we’re making Daddy a Valentine’s day card, all I can say for now is that scissors and glitter glue are involved so I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a winner…
The Husband is doing ok on this second round, today was the hardest day of the cycle but he’s holding up pretty well. We haven’t seen each other in a few days, but he sounds in good spirits over  the phone, though I can’t wait for The Boy to get better and for me to be sure that I didn’t catch his bug so I can go see him again. (I realize there are about ten grammatical errors in that sentence, but I’m sure you get the gist!) It’s been snowing all the live long day, we’ve had about a foot and a half already and I’ve decided not to complain about it or worry about the shoveling I’m going to be doing tomorrow so I can reach my car, I’m just concentrating on the wonderful holiday-like feeling of having a great excuse not to go outside. Also, the city is cooperating with me cause we’ve seen neither  hide nor hair of a snow plow this afternoon, I assume it’s because it’s snowing so much they’re having a hard time getting to the higher traffic areas done and have forgotten about our little residential area. Free time’s up, The Girl must eat….so as Tigger would say, ta ta for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment