Once you’re all grown up you rarely think about being a kid, and
actually when you’ve got kids of your own you tend to concentrate on the good
and bad things of having kids. This
week though, thanks to Stasha (aka Northwestmommy) at The Good Life, I’ve
decided to concentrate on the good things about being a kid. Both from my own, alas far-gone, experience and from
what I see in my own children.
Ten great things about being a kid
1. Running is fun, not exercise
2. Sleeping in the afternoon is not only encouraged but celebrated
3. Food can be smeared, squished, thumped and ingested, both separately
and all at once
4. Staying home and watching tv all day when you’re sick
5. Watching tv all afternoon because Mama’s sick or tired or irritable
6. Thinking it’s acceptable to throw a fit upon sighting broccoli
7. Going to the grocery store dressed as Spiderman any day of the week
and thinking you’re the coolest thing since sliced bread
8. Sitting on the swing for hours with your eyes closed while someone
else pushes you
9. Free cuddles whenever you want them
10. Crying, a hug and a kiss make everything better. Everything.
“Adults are just obsolete children and to hell with them” Dr. Seuss. How
often I agree!