Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Virtual Coffee {11}

Good Morning and welcome to coffee. I don’t think I ever mentioned this but I drink mine with lots of sugar and a dash of cream, how bout you? I think it’s important to know how your friends drink their coffee. Of course, my memory being what it is it took me about six months before I started remembering that one of my good friends, with whom I often have coffee, actually doesn’t drink coffee but tea. I really have no preference, I go through phases: tea, tea, tea then only decaf then only coffee the only think I absolutely can’t abide is tea with milk, ugh. But, ever the gracious hostess, I don’t mind if you like it.

I haven’t got an awful lot of news today, the past few days have been pretty relaxed, the kids are inexplicably healthy, they’re happily going to daycare in the mornings and the husband is getting his energy back. I can’t complain, in fact I’m the opposite of complaining right now (a state so unfamiliar to me, I don’t even know what to call it). I’ve even managed to finish the Girl’s baby book, and I’m printing pictures for the Boy’s baby book (yes, he’s three, did you not read the post about how I like to procrastinate?), I even dusted off the treadmill and went for a run today. You can stop laughing now. I do, occasionally (ok, rarely) dust, and though I didn’t actually run per say, I did do that run a minute walk a minute to catch my breath then run another minute thing that allows me to feel virtuous and not drop down dead from lack of oxygen, for a whole 35 minutes. Impressed?

The sun is shining, the birds are tweeting (hee, hee), there’s a slight breeze, so life is good. And I’ll shut up now, because after all this la-dee-da positivism I’m expecting an anvil to fall from the sky onto my mac any minute now.

The past few days I’ve been reading the archives of a blog I think is insanely good, I’m sure most of you know it: Uppercase woman, Cecily is an insanely awesome writer, she’s very honest and has a way with words, of course I’m stuck in 2005 so can’t vouch for what she’s like right now, but it’s worth a peak. Do any of you do this? I often find a blog I like, even from just one post, and I start reading the archives, just to see where that person comes from. Most of the time I give them up, deflated, but sometimes I run into a blog that just makes me want to keep reading, a bit like a novel, and then I feel like I know the author. Of course, I always want to comment or write them an email saying “good for you”, or “I’m sorry such and such happened to you” but it would be too weird since I’m talking about stuff that happened years ago.
Do you do this? Or did I just confess to something that’s just not done in the blogosphere. I’m often iffy on the rules. Of course, I’m often iffy on the rules in life too, so I guess I’m just being consistent.

Ok, I’ve rambled on long enough; I actually enjoyed writing this post, just stream of consciousness (with punctuation, do I look like Will Faulkner??) no thought or planning. Well some thought, I mean who can write and not think, right? Ok, I’ll shut up now.


Now go visit our hostess Amy!
<Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Skim milk. Plus or minus the sweetener or sugar. I'm trying to cut down on the chemicals. It used to be 1/4 Splenda. But I'm trying something new. Now off to visit a new blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to pick up a cappucino on the way to work everyday, but I've recently switched to green tea and am finding that it gives me so much more energy throughout the day :)

    I've found one blog that I love called The Rockstar Diaries that I'm working my way through - it's funny how you definitely do feel like you really know the person when you've read so much about them.

    Thanks for coffee!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. @I'm So Fancy Cutting down the chemicals is always a good idea, though of course soda and candy don't count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenna ok, now I gotta go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay ... I SOO do that when I find a good blog! I haven't done it in a long time but I do remember getting totally engrossed in the whole NieNie thing for three solid days! I love digging through all the oldies.... Anyway, I love reading your coffee posts, they are always entertaining! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad things are looking up for you! You've had such a rough stretch for a while, I'm happy you're in a good place now.

    Btw, I totally do that with blogs! When I read one post that's really interesting I start looking around through the archives. I've followed a lot of different people that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad things are looking up for you! You've had such a rough stretch for a while, I'm happy you're in a good place now.

    Btw, I totally do that with blogs! When I read one post that's really interesting I start looking around through the archives. I've followed a lot of different people that way.

    ReplyDelete