Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Virtual Coffee {6}

Photobucket

Hello friends and welcome to coffee. I’m actually having my protein shake breakfast today cause the kiddos, grandma and I are off to the beach for the day. Jealous much? 
(Ok, I admit it, I watched Cougar Town last night, just in case you got that reference.)

Grandma has an apartment at the seaside not too far from where we live that needs renovating and the husband has been hinting that he wants to be able to go there in September. As his every wish is now my (our) command, and Italian builders are notoriously slow and relaxed when it comes to getting the job done we’ve decided to hop to it. I, of course, am envisioning a wonderful winter of seaside weekend breaks when the snow gets too much to handle. And who says we’re not lucky, right!

So, if we were really having coffee today, we would probably spend a good amount of time staring at the Ikea catalogue and fantasizing about how we’d furnish the apartment.
When that got boring we would probably talk about our kids, cause, I honestly need some levity in my life plus what else do we ever talk about anyway, right? And I would tell you that yesterday I went in to cover them at naptime (I can only do this once they are asleep) and I spent a fair few minutes watching them sleep. Isn’t it the absolutely most peaceful sight in the whole entire universe?  The boy sleeps all rolled up like an inverted comma and the girl sleeps on her front, knees tucked under her chest, bottom up. Seriously, my kids are the cutest kids ever. No, really, MINE are!

Ok, short coffee today, as I have to go pack the car. I’m bringing three bags; we’re going for a little over half a day. I seriously can’t wait for the days when I will be able to go further than a few miles from my house without having to pack for four hours simply to survive.

10 comments:

  1. Oh come on, who do you think you are kidding? You will never go anywhere that is further than a few miles away without at least a bag or two. Even when your kids will be married and will have their own kids. Have a nice day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inutile dire che il breve post mi ha reso immensamente felice e moooolto rilassata! Leggerlo e' staat una vera " soffiata di naso". (modo di dire locale, e che sei incomprensibile solo te?!)
    Alessi dormiva come Kiki, e per farlo rilassare e addormentare velocemente bastava sculacciarlo sul sederino all'aria, e lui con una sorta di ohohohohoho si addormntava! Troppo belli i bimbi.
    Tre, dico TRE borse per mezza giornata? No, dai e' troppo! Te ne concedo due ( e sono ancora trippe): una con il cambio, e l'altra con generi alimentari. La terza?
    In ogni caso vi auguro di trascorrere una bellissima giornata!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tra Alessi e trippe e' evidente che la mia vista peggiora di giorno in giorno (nonostante gli occiali)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed Cougar Town, but I'd like mine with skim milk please. Can they do that in Italy? I've always been afraid to ask. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a nice day girl, I was expeting a longer coffee, but, to the beach? even over packed?...way to go!
    Anyways, I can relate to the peaceful feeling of a baby sleeping, some time ago there was a couple, adorable as it can possibly be and I used to stared at them in complete adoration. Today those babies are grown, but when I see them sleeping the feeling have not changed, will it ever? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh - a place by the beach, in ITALY, sounds devine. I confess, I sneak in and watch my kiddos sleep too. Doesn't get any better than slumbering maniacs :D HUGS to you! Enjoyed the coffee break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allora che si fa? Si batte la fiacca? E quando ce lo prendiamo sto caffè, di notte che poi non si dorme?! E chi è che si permette di insultare "the husband" che "je menamo"!
    Ormai è l'ora della camomilla, ti posso concedere anche una tisana, che rientra sempre fra gli sciacquabudella.
    Baci, anche a te grandi come sempre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allora che si fa? Si batte la fiacca? E quando ce lo prendiamo sto caffè, di notte che poi non si dorme?! E chi è che si permette di insultare "the husband" che "je menamo"!
    Ormai è l'ora della camomilla, ti posso concedere anche una tisana, che rientra sempre fra gli sciacquabudella.
    Baci, anche a te grandi come sempre

    ReplyDelete